Signup for Membership
The Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board [PLAB] test is the main route by which International Medical Graduates (IMGs) demonstrate that they have the necessary skills and knowledge to practise medicine in the UK.
You will need to complete the PLAB test if you have been medically trained outside of the UK.
How to apply for PLAB Test
- Complete International English Language Test System [IELTS]
- 12 months postgraduate clinical experience
- Apply on-line for PLAB part 1
- Part 1 – This is a written examination designed to test your ability to practice safely. It does not need be held in the UK. An examination centre is based in Lagos.
- Part 2 – This is an OSCE [Observed Structural Clinical Examination] examination. It is always in Manchester, UK. Watch the Video explaining format of the exam
- Once you have passed Part 1 & 2, congratulations you can now apply for a license to practice.
For more extensive information visit the General Medical Council website